Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Global Warming Explained

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 15:31:42 -0800, Rich Grise
Lewis Hartswick wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Well, somebody must have done something right. I was a tech in the
USAF for eight years (1968 - 1976), doing avionics repair, and their
tech documents were _awesome_.

Did you ever work on or come across any Infrared line scan
equipment? We did a few for the AF but most was Army.

Nah, the closest I ever came to infrared was when my next-door
neighbor in Nakhon Rachasima, Thailand was in Pave Spike, the
laser designator. He had a hand-held laser pointer, in the
early 1970's, and once when I was making out with my GF on the
couch, he was shining it through the window.

I almost shat! "What the ****, they've got red fireflies here?"
My hackles went up and everything.

When I realized the guy had a laser, I almost went next-door and
punched him! ;-)

I'm surprised that you didn't point one back at him and then pull the
trigger in self defense.

This was the early 1970's - personal lasers were almost unheard of at the
time. :-)

Cheers!
Rich