Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OTish :- wifi range extender with RJ45 sockets??

In article
s.com, Jim K scribeth thus
do they exist and what are they called please?

I want to link a distant pc without a wireless card to my home network
using network cable connected into a wifi "repeater" as it were - i
already have a wifi router at the base "end".

Could the signal be made directional from such an extension? to limit
potential for snooping (yes I have usual encryption in place already)

Yes go 5.8 Ghz for that far less bother then 2.4 Ghz..

tia
Jim K

Suggest you give

http://solwise.com

a ring they are very good at that sort of thing and would know what U
need to do it properly...
--
Tony Sayer