Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Reduce power of a microwave oven?

On 1/18/2011 5:55 PM mike spake thus:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

mike wrote:

My 27 year old microwave oven was down below 400W output and
taking a long time to heat my coffee. So, I went out and bought a
1100W one. Big mistake. It works fine on coffee, but WAY
overcooks small stuff. Yes, it has a power level setting, but the
on-time is 15 seconds and they modulate the off-time. I tried to
heat a frozen hamburger patty. It boils the liquid around the
outside for 15 seconds, but the inside is still frozen. This
really messes up the cheese stuck to it. If I leave it in the
frozen burger, it comes out awful.

What are my options for reducing power?

[snip]

Suggestions?

RTFM to see how to set the cook power.

Amazing!!!
RTFM reply when I stated EXACTLY how the power setting works.
How about RTFOP?

Mr. Terrell apparently shoots from the hip and never apologizes.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.