Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Copper Tubing too big, how to size?

Previously freezing, which could've expanded the tubing's OD is a likely
possibility if the climate is seasonal.
The tubing might then have micro-cracks, which I've found before.. the
resulting leakage can produce a fine mist that's difficult to see, and may
only be detectable by feeling the mist on sensitive skin, such as the
underside of a forearm.

Making an adapter/bushing or coupler would be a fairly simple task with the
proper equipment.
Properly soldered connections will likely be more reliable than most flare
or compression fixes. Certain types of water chemistry can fairly rapidly
deteriorate flare connections.

A suitable adapter doesn't have to be an off-the-shelf plumbing part
available in typical store stock.. it could be almost any non-ferrous metal
part that is solderable.

Those flex lines sure are handy.. I prefer them to the slow-flowing,
noise-generating small tubes that have been the commonly installed
"standard" for decades.

Having supply lines coming out of walls, not from the floor, is a much more
practical installation where the lines could be exposed and possibly
subjected to bumps etc from a sweeper or mop.
Wall feeds also make cleaning the floor area easier.

--
WB

"Wes" wrote in message

Sounds like it froze. Do you have a flaring tool? Perhapes you can put
the tubing in the
stocks and really reef on wing nuts nad squeeze it back to diameter.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller