Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default TV repairable?

On 1/18/2011 2:44 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
Nancy Young wrote:

[snip]

Should be interesting. Maybe when the snow disappears, if it
ever does, I'll put a free sign on the old tv at the curb. I've had good
luck with that in the past.

Someone did that here last year. It was a RCA 46-inch rear-projection TV.
That stayed on the curb for almost a weak until it was thrown in the trash
truck and crushed.

[snip]

With a projector-box TV, I'm not surprised. Even the curb fairies have
learned that once those screw up, repairing them is a large fraction of
the cost of a flat-panel almost as big. Definitely a dead end on the
television evolutionary tree. I saw those sitting by the dumpster at the
apartments more than once. My sister and BIL have one, maybe 5YO, and
the picture is already getting noticeably degraded. If I wanted that
big, I'd go with a ceiling projector and a screen, like at work.

--
aem sends...