Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Removing non-silicone caulk

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 12:43:27 -0800, Oren wrote:

The heat gun will work. If you have one.

There is a product called Caulk Off (?). Made by the company that
makes Goo B Gone (?) A gel that you apply and let sit awhile.

I have used it with good results. The caulk you mention is
water-based.

Found:

DAP® CAULK-BE-GONE® Caulk Remover

Specially formulated gel softens many types of caulks and sealants for
easy removal. Fast-acting formula, works in as little as two hours.
Fresh scent. Will not harm most surfaces. Interior/exterior use.

http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?product_id=12

The brand I used was different, but got the job done.