Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Cancel credit card ?

SMS wrote:
On 1/17/2011 1:37 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:

They are betting that people use the card for more and more purchases,
then your payments only go toward the 0% principle. Your purchases add
up and keep charging you 21% interest month after month. I think they
may have passed a law against it.

Yeah, last year I got a letter from Discover telling me that the
requirement for two monthly charges had been dropped which was rather
strange, and I thought that maybe it was illegal for them to require
that. I have been paying about $1.50 a month in interest because of
those charges, but now I'm back to no interest at all. I don't use the
card at all, it's not accepted at many of the places I shop.

Hi,
If one can't pay off the balance every month, what is it? Living beyond
one's means? It is funny world. I just bought a new vehicle and they
don't like cash deal. I had to keep it a secret until deal was
finalized.. Banks don't like us when we pay card balance in full every
month. I am using their money interest free.