Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_4_] jeff_wisnia[_4_] is offline

Default OT Did You Know It Costs More Than a Penny to Make a Penny?

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
jeff_wisnia wrote:

Who is influencing our "hired hands"* in Washington to keep pennies in
existance? Is it the metal producers, the US Mint workers union, the
transportation companies who take them to the banks, or probably all of
the above?

Most of the polls don't want to stop making pennies. Largely because
it is viewed as a way for state governments to get extra money by
rounding sales tax up to the nickel.

Are you saying the state gummints would only round sales tax up and not
down?

I'm not saying I don't think they wouldn't, but.....

I was really amazed when Massachusetts, my place of residence, repealed
the sales tax on liquor which had been put in place last summer.

http://tinyurl.com/6avggtk

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia