Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My most recent drum project

Steve - kinda late to the party, but I would certainly like to echo
the great remarks you have received so far.

All the handmade drums I have seen have been much less elegant
affairs, and rest assured I have never seen one coopered together from
walnut!

Very nicely done.

I must say though.... I am just about as impressed with the plane as I
am with the drum! Nicely done there, sir.

BTW, I have heard and read a mountain of information on finishes for
musical instruments, but never had occasion to finish one myself.
What did you use for the topcoat? Anything underneath it for grain
pop?

Robert