Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Newfangled "no pollution" plastic gas can spouts SUCK???

Ignoramus5053 wrote:

I am talking about spouts like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Blitz-Enviro-P...dp/B002YKFQLM/

I find that they totally SUCK and are a complete abomination.

Is that true that new "CARB compliant" gas cans are not compatible
with old spouts?

Not sure what problem you're having. I find that that version of the
vent free spout is significantly better than the couple versions that
proceeded it. The ability to shutoff the flow without having to rapidly
tip the can back is a big benefit for filling small tanks like on lawn
equipment.

If you want real convenience, just find yourself a portable fuel caddy
with a nozzle and manual pump, such as Northern Tool item# 33631-1101.