Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default TV repairable?

On 1/17/2011 11:32 PM, aemeijers wrote:
On 1/17/2011 11:10 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
(snip)
Are you that one guy still buying film for your camera?? (laugh) I'm the
last person to convert to new technology because hey,
the old one works fine. The upside is by that time whatever it is
has come way down in price and they have worked out a lot of
the bugs.
nancy

Haven't bought any film in the last couple of years. Not that you CAN
buy it without a hunt anymore. But I still have half a dozen or so Nikon
SLRs and a dozen or two lenses for them. I have a couple of grand in
them (mostly all bought used), but original retail easily over 10k. I
might get 2 or 3 hundred for the whole pile, and they are worth more in
sentimental value to me than that. Keep meaning to pull the batteries
out of all of them before they start leaking. Maybe in 40 years or so,
my heirs can make a few bucks from them as collector items.

Same goes for my Olympus collection ... I'm waiting for SLR digitals to
go down in price so's I can try my old lenses with a digital. We have a
pack of coyotes in the woods near our home, so may have another go at
nature photography. I had never heard a coyote howl until two nights
ago...pretty awesome! Have yet to see them, but my son went out to
investigate and saw three of them. Lots of deer around, in spite of a
deer harvest (90 killed) in and around our town this fall.