Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Computer

In message , Mark
writes
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 20:40:52 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In message , Mark
writes
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 03:13:59 -0800 (PST), "Man at B&Q"
wrote:

On Jan 17, 10:37*am, Mark
wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:02:18 -0800 (PST), "Man at B&Q"

wrote:
On Jan 14, 7:41*pm, dmc@puffin. (D.M.Chapman) wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:

they might not do an academic package again. One detail possibly worth
noting on the academic ones, is that once you cease being a
student, the
license also ceases. (not that I expect they do anything to
enforce this)

Not the case for most of the deals - it is true for software
licensed under
MSDNAA though (IIRC).

http://www.software4students.co.uk/S...m_I_Eligible-a...

"You receive Full Professional version software at an academic
price for
lifetime use at home only"

Lifetime of what? You or the computer?

Until the next version of Microshaft Office.

Do you say that with any authority?

None at all. I am just being cynical.

Previous version licenses have never been invalidated, AFAIK, by a new
version being released.

But they 'force' you to 'upgrade' somehow.

I'm still using MS office 95.

Oops! MS office 97

Then you won't be able to open "docx" files with that.

No?

I have been pleasantly surprised to find no trouble opening word
attachments to legal communications.

I have been avoiding Mozilla open office for some time through careful
reading of their *upgrade* offers.

regards

--
Tim Lamb