Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Remodeling Questions: Carpeting Stair Treads and Shower Plumbing

On Jan 18, 12:46*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,
*"hr(bob) " wrote:

On Jan 17, 10:54 am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jan 17, 11:46 am, Smitty Two wrote:

In article
,

" wrote:
windows in showers is a royally bad idea. it causes leaks and rot..

Mine hasn't rotted in 32 years, and I wouldn't give up the natural light
or the view. It's a small louvered window, mounted at my eye level.

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/ahrsw.jpg

Nice view. Lose the reeds and you almost have a postcard.

Where is it? *It looks almost like the view from an Italian or Frech
country house.

santa barbara. The view from the kitchen window is less obstructed.

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/ahrsb.jpg

That's totally different - the view sucks and you should move.

Back in 1980 I rode my bicycle through your area. Coming into town I
drafted behind a Winnebago that was doing at least 50 coming down from
the mountains to the North. I nearly bought it on some of those bumpy
reflective lane markers. Good memories (though I nearly crapped my
pants) and a lovely area.