Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Cancel credit card ?

On 1/17/2011 8:49 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jan 17, 1:09 pm, wrote:
On Jan 16, 10:21 pm, Higgs wrote:

So is the consensus that I
just should let it sit there, unused, rather than cancel it?

That's a double-edged sword too.

If you don't use the card, they start dropping the credit limit on the
card, which hurts your credit score too.

Sheeeeet! They get me comin'& goin'!!! Damned if cancel, damned if
I keep and don't use. I don't like the bank (B of A), which is one
reason I got a new Visa from another bank. I hate to kiss B of A's
royal *** every so often if only for a $10 purchase to keep THEM from
dropping ME -- if I'm understanding how this works.

Are you SURE they "start dropping the credit limit on the card"? Why
would they do that?? Anybody have real-world experience on this one?

It's never happened to me, and I do play games with the CC companies to
get the incentive then never use the card again. I let them go a year
or two then when I look at my credit report, I decide to cancel two or
three I didn't even remember having.