Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lewis Hartswick Lewis Hartswick is offline

Default OT - Global Warming Explained

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jan 17, 11:07 am, Lewis Hartswick wrote:

I'm still trying to learn clear and concise technical writing. Should
I give up?
jsw

No. Not at all if your writing for the appropriate people. Just
don't try to do it for the "masses". :-)
...lew...

That bad? Here I assume a more knowledgeable audience than in some
other groups.

My goal is to write clear test procedures and equipment manuals.

jsw

I know EXACTLY what that is all about. I had to sit down with
the tec writers and try to get them to put on paper the details
to enable GIs to keep some pretty complicated electronics
working at specified performance. :-) This was in the 50s to
the 70s. But we did a pretty good job of it. Those for whom
the manuals were aimed at were supposedly graduated from at
least basic electronics classes in military schools.
...lew...