Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] szeik@hotmail.com is offline

Default Tub overflow problem

Hi,

Our tub leaks into the basement when filled to the overflow which
always seems to end up happening when anyone takes a bath. Kids tend
to move around a lot so even if it is not filled up to the overflow it
ends up being pushed in anyway.

Is this something a plumber can fix? We don't have easy access behind
the tub. Our kitchen cabinets are on the other side. I found one
website that said that most bathtub overflows leak especially after
several years from settling and the gaskets drying out. They
recommended not filling the tub to the overflow which I keep telling
people not to do yet it keeps happening.

I would appeciate any advice on this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Steve