Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Why aren't backpack vacuums more popular in the home?

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 13:04:09 -0500, wrote:

My says they have a couple at the country club she manages. The
cleaning ladies say they are too heavy, the guys like them.

That's probably a good reason. It certainly isn't because central vacs are
superior. And I don't buy that it is because of the popularity of
carpeting, as there is a robust market for canister vacuums. I was thinking
that maybe they were prone to knocking things over.

One thing is they are hard to get on the back. I think people tend to
multi-task when they clean a room. Vacuum the floor, dust, etc. My idea of
cleaning is you simply vacuum everything (which may be a male thing).
Having the hose above you will facilitate this. Then with one on your back
you would have the incentive to finish the job and not get distracted.

I went ahead and ordered that Hoover. I searched for the Amazon seller and
found their website. It was cheaper to buy direct. I got two packages of
replacement bags included for spending the same as shown at Amazon.

After receiving it I plan to buy a bunch of attachments from he
http://www.sweetsweep.com/vaclatandto.html

Then comes how to carry around the attachments. I was thinking of a Velcro
strip strapped around the canister and companion strips around the
attachments.