Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_4_] jeff_wisnia[_4_] is offline

Default OT Did You Know It Costs More Than a Penny to Make a Penny?

Metspitzer wrote:
http://gizmodo.com/5734677/did-you-k...o-make-a-penny

They should stop making them.

Yes, I know much of the rest of the world has gotten rid of their low
denomination coins, so why can't we?

I hope some investigative journalists dig deep enough to tell us the
whys and whos about congress being against getting rid of pennies for
quite some time now.

Who is influencing our "hired hands"* in Washington to keep pennies in
existance? Is it the metal producers, the US Mint workers union, the
transportation companies who take them to the banks, or probably all of
the above?

Jeff

* "Our hired hands in Washington" is how Will Rogers referred to congress.

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)