Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.security.alarms
Jim Jim is offline

Default Automatic fire sprinklers

On Jan 17, 11:37*am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On Jan 14, 11:33*pm, Evan wrote:

On Jan 14, 4:41*pm, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Jan 14, 10:54*am, Frank Kurz wrote:

On 13/01/2011 4:56 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Jan 13, 7:46 am, nick *wrote:
On Jan 12, 11:22 pm, Smitty *wrote:

In article
,

* *wrote:
All I claimed was that such things would not be
required if
there was not a trend of accidents...

Bzzt. Incorrect. GFCIs became law for one reason: Someone who stood to
make tens of millions of dollars selling them lobbied for the law. There
is no trend of accidents.

I have seen GFCI prevent many accidents over the years but I have also
seen them bypassed as well.
where back to the people who get zapped are the ones using frayed
extension cords or cords with grounds cut off and plugged in back
wards etc etc.
Every time you read an electrocution report in any of the trade
magazines the individual has done something to cause the accident.