Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael B Michael B is offline

Default Humidity - update

On Jan 17, 11:07*am, Mark wrote:
People that have temperature setback thermostats
obviously need a standalone unit.

And hey, don't forget that if you have an electric dryer
you have a resource worth keeping track of. I have one
of those boxes that directs the dryer discharge back into
the basement past another filter, or to the outside.

what kind of filter do you use to catch the lint?

I'd also like to retain the heat and humidity, but I don't want the
lint.

Mark

The typical lint filter on a dryer has something the size of
window screen wire to serve as a lint catcher. But the kit
I use has a screen much smaller. Got it from Home Despot.
Other thing is that it doesn't really catch much lint because
the lint catcher on the dryer gets initially covered, and then
is stopping it all because the lint already there is forming an
excellent "mesh" to keep any more from getting past.

Before I used the adapter, I used a nylon "footie" to make
a smaller mesh size at the dryer filter, another footie at the
end of the dryer vent hose, with it near the ceiling to keep
the dryer from pulling warm wet air back into itself.

I must be doing this okay, there isn't lint in the area around
the dryer. And the way I do it, if any did show up, it would
be caught by my furnace filter since it is being cycled at the
same time.