Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Cancel credit card ?

In article ,
Josh wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 07:30:58 -0500, "The Henchman"
wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Nate Nagel wrote:

I've heard tell that occasionally using a credit card but always keeping
it paid off every month is the best strategy for keeping ones score high.

And I've heard that it's better to have an outstanding balance with a
history of regular payments.

----------------

Outstanding balance means paying interest. At 20% interest per year for
many cards, you think that's wise?

Think carefully about what types of outstanding balances are good and bad.

No, it doesn't -- the credit report only shows your average and
maximum balances (If I recall my last one correctly), and whether you
"pay as agreed" or have late payments. Charging and paying it off
without interest every month shows up the same as paying less (with a
similar ending balance, of course). Unless something's changed in the
last year or so?

Josh

Do you have a cite for that, Josh? I'd like to see something definitive,
and all we're doing so far in this thread is trading opinions based on
what each of has heard in the rumor mill.