Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default My most recent drum project

On 01/17/2011 12:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/16/11 9:23 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

BTY, when I made my little oak shell, I glued it to the backing plate to
mount on the lathe. But I put brown paper bag between the plate (mdf)
and shell, so it would release easier. And if it tore, it would
certainly tear the mdf and not the shell. I found that it took very
little glue to hold it sufficiently. Since you have plates on both
sides of the shell, I think it would take even less.

Did you consider temporary gluing, or do you think the screw technique
was easier?

I think temporary gluing would probably work just fine. I didn't consider it because it
didn't occur to me. :-)

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.