Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Spoolgunning aluminum

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 23:53:26 -0500, "Nok"
wrote:

I haven't been on RCM for ages...glad to see it's still alive. I'm working
on a project in aluminum angle and I've been having questionable results
welding with a spoolmate 100. My welds seem like they're fairly solid, but
they're consistently sooty. I'm cleaning the aluminum (6061), using pure
argon, right gun angle, stickout, etc. If I wire brush the welds after I'm
done they look fine. Any tips/tricks/suggestions?

Actually..thats fairly normal.

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein