Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cancel credit card ?

On Jan 16, 8:56*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
I want to cancel a Visa that I never use (from Bank of America, tfui,
tfui). *I searched long and hard on their Web site to find a link, and
finally came across the following:

http://tinyurl.com/48p2qo7

They "threaten" that cancelling a card might lower one's credit
score. *??? Is this true? *Or is it a marketing
gimmick?

Your real-world experience valued.

HB

Yes,it can lower your score. For example, if you have 3 cards with a
$10,000 limit on each, and a $10,000 credit card debt, you have used
up 33% of your available credit. If you now cancel one of the cards,
you have used up 50% of your available credit and this makes you more
of a risk, in the eyes of the credit folks, even though you haven't
increased your actual debt.

Do you ever watch Suze Ormon on Saturday nights, she is big on this
sort of stuff?