Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Cancel credit card ?

On 01/16/2011 09:56 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
I want to cancel a Visa that I never use (from Bank of America, tfui,
tfui). I searched long and hard on their Web site to find a link, and
finally came across the following:

http://tinyurl.com/48p2qo7

They "threaten" that cancelling a card might lower one's credit
score. ??? Is this true? Or is it a marketing
gimmick?

Your real-world experience valued.

HB

it is somewhat true. you have to have some credit in good standing for
a really high credit score. they also look at things like debt to
credit ratio.

I've heard tell that occasionally using a credit card but always keeping
it paid off every month is the best strategy for keeping ones score high.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel