Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default My most recent drum project

On 2011-01-16 16:52:54 -0500, Steve Turner said:

I recently finished up another drum I've been working on. This one is a
20"x15" bass drum constructed from Black Walnut:

That is gorgeous! As is your trim plane. And thanks for the jigging ideas. I'll
never make a drum (probably), but I'll bet sooner or later I come up with some
project that could use those ideas.

Yeah, the plane was actually quite fun to construct. I love using shoulder
planes, and I have some old wooden molding planes that I was able to use as
guides to constructing this one. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done,
which was really all I cared about. I actually searched around quite a bit for
some existing tool (most likely from a coopers arsenal) that might do the job,
but I came up empty so I just decided to build my own. I'm sure I had a big
stupid grin on my face when I saw how well it worked. :-)

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.