James T. Kirby

Default 6" Jointer Continued - Grizzly 6Z Versus Yorkcraft

My Yorkcraft has a single lever on the infeed. It works fine. I've never seen
the Grizzly.

Jim Kirby

Toller wrote:
I read through all the replies to the other guys post about which 6" jointer
to buy, and I have narrowed it down to these two.

Has anyone actually seen/used both and can compare them. (I know owners
love both, but if you haven't seen both...)

The Grizzly is all lever, the Yorkcraft has two wheels and one lever on the
infeed. Does this matter?
The Grizzly claims to be 1" longer and 1" wider (thought they both claim 6
1/8" capacity) but the Yorkcraft is 6 pounds heavier. Hum.

And the Grizzly is $30 more; not enough to base a decision on, but
something.

--
James T. Kirby
Center for Applied Coastal Research