Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default OT - Rite aid loses a customer!

On Jan 16, 7:58*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 23:55:30 -0800, Rich Grise

wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Being a miserable,
cantankerous old coot,

Is this another one of those trolls I'm supposed to stop
baiting? :-

It took me about three seconds to get my Rite-Aid card, and
I've found that their house-brand "D" cells last almost twice
as long in my flashlight as the "Copper-Top" ones. Seriously,
I was really amazed when I discovered that! I'm never going
to buy anything but Rite-Aid alkalines again! (except maybe
CVS - they have a house brand too, and it also took about
three seconds to get their card. But the Rite-Aids I'm using
now are holding up so well that It'll probably be awhile
before I have the opportunity to do the test.)

Maybe it's because I'm charming and happy-go-lucky, rather than
some cranky old grump (grumpy old crank?). I'm only old on the
outside, and I smile a lot. I wonder if there's something wrong
with somebody who's so happy at age 61 7/8. But even if so, who
cares? *;-D

But I AM boycotting "Carl's Jr." - one day, when I went out to
get the paper, I was walking by the CJ, looking for something
breakfasty. They had a "breakfast burger" on the menu, and I
asked, "What goes into that breakfast burger?" The Kounter
Kiddie said, "Fench fie, coak,..." I stopped her and said,
"No, what goes into the burger itself?" She looked at me like
a deer in headlights. There were a couple of other people
chatting away in Barbarianese toward the end of the counter,
and I asked them, "Say, can you answer a simple question?"
they kid of snooted at me and went back to their yammering.
I yelled at the top of my lungs, "DOES ANYBODY IN HERE SPEAK
ENGLISH????" The place fell silent. Even the half-dozen or
so customers in the place looked at me like I was some kind
of intruder, but NOBODY spoke up. I said, "Well, **** ya
then, if you don't want my money!"

Oh, did I mention that they were all Mexicans? OOps! Guess
I'm a racist now! grrrrrrr...

Cheers!
Rich

Im a big big fan of Carls. *And know where a significant number of them
are in So. Cal.

Ive started eating in them, rather than Micky Ds or Jacks, or Burgerking
simply because of the size of the items sold. MickyDs sells a burger
that will literally fit in a shirt pocket for more money than Carls
sells the Big Carl ($2.89)..which is indeed a damned good and BIG burger

Jack and Burgerking are in line between MickyDs and Carls.

Frankly..I dont care if they can speak English or not. In a perfect
world..they would all be native born, or have green cards...but..this is
indeed Kalifornia.

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
* * * * * * * * * * *Robert A. Heinlein

I like Carl's but the one I went to is gone now.