Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
axolotl[_2_] axolotl[_2_] is offline

Default Buck Ajust-Tru disassembly?

On 1/16/2011 8:41 AM, axolotl wrote:
The patient is a badly abused 5" 3 jaw bought yesterday at Cabin Fever.

Thank you gentlemen. Soaking in penetrating oil and calling Buck are
both good plans, but patience is in short supply in Jersey. The
instructions on the Buck website are for a different, no doubt newer model.
It was pretty straightforward, as Karl suggests. I tapped a single edge
razor blade followed by a knife blade into the seam between the
sections, then tapped the jaws and interior pieces out with a copper drift.
The upshot is a usable, if chewed up, 5" three jaw harvested from a
vendor's $5 table. If anyone asks, I'm dedicated to conserving the
earth's resources. Not just cheap.

Kevin Gallimore