Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default How to repair a mahogany table top

On 16/01/2011 16:09, NoSpam wrote:
Our dining table has suffered the ravages of family life for 20 years or
so and the top has quite a few dings and scratches. It's not
particularly valuable but the finish is very attractive so I'd prefer to
try to repair the scratches and refinish it - any suggestions about
where to get the necessary info?

I have a similar problem to you. I do a lot of looking at poorly
computers and some time ago, I slid a computer case across the table and
2 of the screws that hold the plastic feet to the bottom of the case had
come unscrewed just enough to scratch the dining table top by about
0.25mm :-(((
Come warmer weather, Ill take the legs off it and try sanding it down
outside.

Dave