Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

On Jan 14, 8:04*pm, bpuharic wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:30:48 -0800 (PST), DD_BobK
wrote:

On Jan 14, 3:20*pm, bpuharic wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:31:40 -0800 (PST), DD_BobK
wrote:

Because we have the highestrateof do-bads in the "developed" world.

I was hoping that Dr. B would discover the correlation on his own, the
answer is in the data I linked to. *

aw, gee. guess he forgot that OTHER countries have minorities

http://www.stefanwolff.com/files/min-eu.pdf

but they dont have a homiciderateanywhere near ours

oh. they were counting on the racist argument.

sorry

you're glossing over the data *& using hyperbole instead of facts

ah. you claim it's the darkies who commitmurder

except other nations have large minority populations with SIGNIFICANLY
lessmurderthan we have.

you claim.........

and yet other countries havemurderrates orders of magnitude lower *than ours

The USmurderrateis 5 per 100,000. * How could other countries have
rates lower by "orders of magnitude"?

US * * * * * * * * * * *5.00
S. Korea * * * * * *2.18
New Zealand * 2.00
Canada * * * * * * 1.81
France * * * * * * *1.60
UK * * * * * * * * * * 1.28
Australia * * * * * *1.20
Switzerland * * *1.01
Japan * * * * * * * * *.44

oh you can't count. that's the problem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rm-related_dea...

US * 7.07

Switzerland 0.58

Canada *0.76

Norway *0.3

those are ORDER OF MAGNITUDE diffrerences

dont they teach what that means in right wing schools? or does rush
not educate you in such matter

Why are you cherry picking the data?
Dead is dead. I don't understand why you focus on the implement of
murder.
People who want to kill people will use whatever means available.

fyi the murder rates below span merely a single order of magnitude
(not orders of magnitudes)

even your cherry picked data (& pretty much not entirely applicatble)
is only showing a factor of ~20.

Murder rate matters

The US murder rate is 5 per 100,000. How could other countries have
rates lower by "orders of magnitude"?
US 5.00
S. Korea 2.18
New Zealand 2.00