Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Power/Force of hydraulic cylinder???

wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 11:30:21 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

I'm trying to determine the force in tons of a hydraulic cylinder. Being
mathematically challenged, even having a formula would be like reading
Chinese to me.
The cylinder has an outer diameter of 3.5", the shaft is 2", as best I can
figure from information derived from the net, the bore would be 3". It has
stroke of 18". It will be fed from a pump delivering 8 GPM @ 2100 PSI.

Any help would be appreciated

You have the force answer, if your pump really puts out 8 GPM at 2100
PSI it will fill that cylinder in around 2 seconds.

Is that a Campbell Hausfeld pump? We know how they lie ;-)

It's the auxiliary hydraulic pump built into a Thomas 85 skid steer. Thomas
was built in Canada, don't know who's pump they use, but I really doubt it's
a crappy C/H