Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Power/Force of hydraulic cylinder???

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Jan 16, 12:23 pm, Dean Hoffman wrote:
RBM wrote:

I'm trying to determine the force in tons of a hydraulic cylinder. Being
mathematically challenged, even having a formula would be like reading
Chinese to me.
The cylinder has an outer diameter of 3.5", the shaft is 2", as best I
can
figure from information derived from the net, the bore would be 3". It
has a
stroke of 18". It will be fed from a pump delivering 8 GPM @ 2100 PSI.

Any help would be appreciated

I screwed up in my previous answer. I figured only part of the
problem. This will give you a better answer.
http://tinyurl.com/4slybla

14,844 from the calculator vs. 14,836 for your # crunching
Yeah, be more careful next time - you were off by .05%

Close enough for Govment work