Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can "wattage" trip a GFCI?

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 09:27:59 -0500, Jeff Thies wrote:

On 1/15/2011 6:30 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 17:03:24 -0600, wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

How thinketh thou so?

Math engineering

I didn't see the above mind-boggler earlier...

It (application of math) is pretty much the definition of engineering...

What a bull****ter.

Do you have a degree in engineering? Most of the courses are math.
Been there, done that.

Yes. ...and 37 years experience as a design engineer.

A 180 degree (pi radians, one half circle) out of phase sine wave is
identical to an inverted sine wave. One half cycle is by *definition*
180 degrees. The math, if you had any regard for it, is very simple.

That's not the point. It is *ONE* phase that has been split in two by a
transformer's center tap. It is properly called "split-phase". Two-phase is
something entirely different, which if you didn't get your "degree" from a
Cracker Jax box, you'd know.

If you want to throw out science and math, then we really have
nothing further to discuss here.

You generally don't.