Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Global Warming Explained

On Jan 16, 2:07*am, Rich Grise wrote:

Well, yeah, but if it blocks IR, then how could it be responsible for
warming, which is what the warmingists claim? Wouldn't it keep us cool?

That's all I was saying.

Thanks,
Rich

The CO2 does block IR. However most of the energy from the son in not
IR. So most of the energy zips right thru the atmosphere and hits the
earth itself. This heats the earth up and it re-radiates the energy
as IR. This IR is blocked by the CO2 from radiating into space.

Try looking up " black body radiation " on the web.

If this does not seem clear to you, let me know and I will try to come
up with a explanation which is more intuitive.

Dan