Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Why aren't backpack vacuums more popular in the home?

On 1/15/2011 1:18 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
I don't dislike vacuuming, what I dislike is the hassle of moving the
canister around my narrow row house and having to hold it for the stairs or
to vacuum high things. I'm fit with no back problems. I have no carpeting.
So a backpack unit makes sense. But they are sold for commercial
applications. What is so different?

Many are available:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?inde...ackpack+vacuum

And no way to easily compare them. I'm leaning to the first one listed, the
most popular, and shortening the 50' cord to something more reasonable for
a 20' x 48' house with plenty of outlets.

Costco's business centers carry that Hoover. A bit more expensive than
Amazon, plus sales tax. Unfortunately there are no Costco business
warehouses back east. They're different than the regular Costco warehouses.