Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Sparkies - Ring fault?

ARWadsworth wrote:

Tried replying by email, but your address is dead:

Final-Recipient:
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; [209.85.227.27]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.2.1 The
email account that you tried to reach is disabled. 34si4611472wba.45'
(delivery attempts: 0)

You say "Clearly the resistance goes up as the sockets get further away."
and make it sound as if you did not expect that to happen.

Yes, I was trying to say it was like a radial where the resistance got
higher as I went along, but it did not go down as I progressed back
toward the CU, so the theory of the break between the last socket and
the CU holds some weight.
2 of the sockets have faulty outlets, so I'll change them on Tuesday
when I go back, and I'll do some further testing to pin down where the
fault is.
Thanks
Alan.