Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Panelling out a shower cubicle (ie not tiling)?

On 14/01/2011 20:18, andrew wrote:
On Jan 14, 6:03 pm, wrote:
Will be refurbishing our shower at home shortly. SWMBO has decided that
it might be nice to fit it out with flat perspex-type panels rather than
conventional tiles, like you often get in hotel rooms etc.

We've used these ones a few times:
http://www.multipanel.co.uk/

They look good, are lasting well so far (6 years or so for the first
ones we fitted) and are easy to fit.
From memory we pay about £75 + VAT for an 8 x 4 sheet in white, a bit
more for the more interesting ones.

Thanks a lot for this - looks very interesting and I may well go down
this route.

Seems that you can attach[1] this stuff direct to the battens in the
surrounding studwork, ie no need for plasterboard/aquapanel: does that
work OK?

When we fit them in our house, I'm thinking about adding the concealed
speaker system - http://www.multipanel.co.uk/soundPanel/soundpanel.asp

That looks *really* cool but at £350 against my £10 shower radio I fear
I may have some difficulty getting that one past SWMBO!

David

[1] This is officially the last time I'm going to use this word in
usenet posts. "Fix" from now on. Fed up with Thunderbird asking me each
time "Did you forget to add an attachment?" - "No, send now" Christ -
worthy of Micr$oft...