Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default bought an old house (90 years old)

hr(bob) wrote:
On Jan 15, 7:13 pm, leza wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:04 pm, Michael wrote:

On Jan 15, 7:34 pm, leza wrote:

water coming form the basement and the basement need for sure
waterproofing treatment. the house sold as is (power sale) and i am
not sure if the plumming working fine because i have not moved yet (i
live in toronto). i have found that the attic need insulation as well,
crapet upstair need to be changed, the the roofing shanquel need to be
replace soo. The front of the house is not bring but they made it look
like it is bring (they put something look like brong but it is very
thin, i do not know the name). and some other minor stuff need to be
done inside the house like painting, windows cleaning or replacing
etc.

Could you please advise me what I should do first (priority wise). I
do not want to do something first and then do the next thing and then
find that I have to undo what I did first to finsh the second task.

Thanks a lot

What is bring and brong?- Hide quoted text -

sorry for my spelling mistake. i meant brick- Hide quoted text -

Please repost with clearer spelling, there were so many words that
didn't make sense that it was impossible to figure out what were your
problems.

Hmmm,
Hired a house inspector? Ican cost a lot of money or not so much of it
depending on the over all condition of the house. If water in the
basement, you have to ind to cause and apply proper remedy just water
proofing can mean nothing much. Your house keeping lesson number one is
beginning