Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Rite aid loses a customer!

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Being a miserable,
cantankerous old coot,

Is this another one of those trolls I'm supposed to stop
baiting? :-

It took me about three seconds to get my Rite-Aid card, and
I've found that their house-brand "D" cells last almost twice
as long in my flashlight as the "Copper-Top" ones. Seriously,
I was really amazed when I discovered that! I'm never going
to buy anything but Rite-Aid alkalines again! (except maybe
CVS - they have a house brand too, and it also took about
three seconds to get their card. But the Rite-Aids I'm using
now are holding up so well that It'll probably be awhile
before I have the opportunity to do the test.)

Maybe it's because I'm charming and happy-go-lucky, rather than
some cranky old grump (grumpy old crank?). I'm only old on the
outside, and I smile a lot. I wonder if there's something wrong
with somebody who's so happy at age 61 7/8. But even if so, who
cares? ;-D

But I AM boycotting "Carl's Jr." - one day, when I went out to
get the paper, I was walking by the CJ, looking for something
breakfasty. They had a "breakfast burger" on the menu, and I
asked, "What goes into that breakfast burger?" The Kounter
Kiddie said, "Fench fie, coak,..." I stopped her and said,
"No, what goes into the burger itself?" She looked at me like
a deer in headlights. There were a couple of other people
chatting away in Barbarianese toward the end of the counter,
and I asked them, "Say, can you answer a simple question?"
they kid of snooted at me and went back to their yammering.
I yelled at the top of my lungs, "DOES ANYBODY IN HERE SPEAK
ENGLISH????" The place fell silent. Even the half-dozen or
so customers in the place looked at me like I was some kind
of intruder, but NOBODY spoke up. I said, "Well, **** ya
then, if you don't want my money!"

Oh, did I mention that they were all Mexicans? OOps! Guess
I'm a racist now! grrrrrrr...

Cheers!
Rich