Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default OT--Actual electronics repair question

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:27:32 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 1/14/2011 12:58 PM Jeff Liebermann spake thus:

That's why I like California. Other than earthquakes and government,
we don't have much in the way to disasters here.

Hmm, tell that to all those folks who live "up the hill" from you off 17
whose houses perennially slip-slide away in the rainy season ...

Oh, you mean like my house?
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/home/slides/BL-house1.html
My guess(tm) is I'm on a 45 degree slope. However, I'm not worried
about sliding down the hill. I've gone through some effort to divert
water around the house and check for hydraulic and geological hazards.
What worries me is having one of the huge trees land on my house or
getting caught in a forest fire.

But yeah, I guess apart from that, a few houses falling into the ocean
each year, and those houses that got blown up/burned up in San Bruno,
we're relatively disaster-free here.

Little lightning, no tornados, no hurricanes, minimal flooding, etc.
Yeah, I like it here (except for the government disasters).

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D