Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Magnabend

On Jan 15, 12:19*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 08:18:41 -0700, Lewis Hartswick

wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:41:57 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

I had never heard of these before today, when one of these showed up in the
local Craigslist (no connection to the seller). *Found a video on youtube,
and it certainly does look like an interesting tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OipSiPSRti8

I don't do enough bending (or have the space) to justify getting one of
these, but this caught my eye. *Anyone played with one of these before?

Jon

That is freaking cool!!!

Want one!!!

WOW!! *That is the "cats meow". :-) Wonder how thick of material
it'll handle.

Seems cool, but I'm wondering whether it can handle tight tolerances
repetitively.

Did you miss the fine adjustments on the clamp on the larger unit and
the stop setting? Looks like they'd stay put unless the operator was
a gorilla... I was impressed with how small an offset could be bent.
And using it as a vise/guide for cutting was pretty neat. Beats a
couple of 2x4s and a bucket of clamps by a mile.

Thanks to the O.P, definitely on the "wanna have" list should I ever
get shop space big enough for sheetmetal equipment.

Stan