Posted to uk.d-i-y
SS[_2_] SS[_2_] is offline

Default Various trades

My situation..selling house (downsizing) this is likely to be my last move
before I pop my clogs.
Income will be very low from pensions but will be mortgage free.
So what to look for when buying another property as I dont want to spend Łks
after a couple of years.
My bid would be dependent on the life of some of the things below, in other
words if a combi lasts on average 12 years and it is already 10 years old
then I need to take that into account.

What is average life of a combi type gas boiler?
What is average life of a tiled roof?
What is average life of double glazing units?
What is average life of radiators (rusting through)

I am ok for general maintenance but dont want a big hit with lots of expense
if any of the above are on their last legs (average)
Anything else I should be looking at (assuming a survey will cover wood rot,
general building etc)

Any thoughts on this would be helpful.
thanks