Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Just had a strange conversation with PG&E about an illegal poleon my property

On Jan 15, 6:47*am, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 21:26:43 -0800 (PST), Evan

wrote:
On Jan 12, 9:43 pm, Mel Knight wrote:

I'm not mad. I just don't want poles and wires crossing my property if I
don't have to have it so.

My first inclination is to just tell them to remove it.

My second inclination is to see what they offer (but unless it's on the
order of tens of thousands of dollars, I'll default to my first
inclination).

I don't know how long the pole and wires have been there. The creosote
looks still wet, so I'd say about a year or two (compared to other
poles).

I gave the PG&E guys the pole number but there is no date or other
identifying information in this part of the country (California) on the
poles out here.

On Jan 14, 9:59 pm, Mel Knight wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:35:18 -0800, Harry K wrote:
it "sounds" like the pole is on the public ROW and
only the wires cross the property.

Yup. Most likely (according to the title company).

you have lost no useable land and the wires probably do not
affect your use of the property in any reasonable way.

According to the title company, that's not an issue (of course, that's up
to the courts to decide). The title company said that I could put in a
"claim" to them if it costs me money to relocate the wires, if they
"missed" an easement, or if I have costs associated with an easement that
they missed.

Since there is no easement (that we know of), then I'm expecting the
power company to relocate the wires. Where or how they relocate them
isn't my issue as long as it's not over my property.

I didn't see this reply until now, but, the title company didn't say
anything about losing "use of the land", so, I hope that's not a factor.