Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gun lobby always wins

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 09:18:52 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 07:43:11 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Yeah, what was all that about slavery? ...your lies, I mean.

oh. it's outdated

Hardly, liar.

Amendment XIII

Section 1.
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment
for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall
exist within the United States, or any place subject to their
jurisdiction.

Section 2.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate
legislation.

You really should learn something about what you rail against.

Pot/kettle. The 13th Amendment was ratified December 6th, 1865.
General Lee (peace be upon him) surrendered eight months before.

Your point? Once it was ratified it became part of the Constitution,
as do all amendments. Dum**** claims the document is antiquated, and
allows slavery. Hardly.

I was pointing out that the constitutional prohibition against slavery came
AFTER the Second War of Independence; that slavery was not a legal issue to
be decided by force of arms.

I said nothing about when or why it was ratified. Dum**** said the
Constitution was 1) outdated and 2) allowed slavery, when it clearly is not
and does not. *When* XIII was ratified is irrelevant. The fact that it was
lays lie to Dum****'s assertions.