Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D Yuniskis D Yuniskis is offline

Default Magnifying glass for smd components

On 1/15/2011 10:52 AM, Baron wrote:
D Yuniskis Inscribed thus:
I have found that adequate *light* is more important than
magnification (but that may just be the age of my eyes)

I can certainly empathise with that last paragraph. Good lighting is
very important. Particularly where identifying colors is required.

I find that I need more than "good" :-/

I used to be able to read the markings on DIPs at arm's length
"with a glance". Now, I need to rock them back and forth to get
the light to reflect off them at the right angle before things
are visible (at times, I swear they have changed to BLACK INK!! : )

Ditto for color codes. Seems like the colors have crept closer together
in the spectrum :-/