Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Magnabend

Denis G. wrote:

That sounds like a nice set up, but with 1/32" thk disk, you probably
have to feed it pretty slow or risk shattering the blade. If I don't
find enough MOTs, I'll probably use my abrasive blade chop saw to
halve the transformers. If that Magnabend had been in my neck of the
woods, I would have snatched it.

Call around to your local uwave repair place, and used appliance dealers.
The local repair place puts the dead ones out back, and someone always
manages to come and take them. The used appliance guy doesn't deal with
uwaves, but told me to drive by the side of his shop occasionally, as people
will just leave them there. You can also try your local second hand store
to see if they have any on the cheap.

I eventually had to quit dismantling them for parts when my MOT pile became
unmanageable. The best trannies were the ones from old Sharp units, the
ones with the rectangular red and blue button on the bottom of the control
panel (they have a knob you rotate for the time), but mainly any of the ones
with the fake woodgrain cabinet are better than the little ones you get
nowadays (unless you can find a commercial unit, but they are rare).

Jon