Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

Default Whole House Ventilators and Heat Exchangers

In article ,
TheOldFellow wrote:
I'm considering fitting one of these. Perhaps this one:
http://www.cvcdirect.co.uk/Whole%20H...ct-akorhe.html

Is there anyone with any experience of them? Are they
any good? Or do you really need to go the whole hog and
spend thousands.

Looking at the prices; £400+ for the unit then all the
ducting and face plates and power, it starts adding up.

Do you need the heat exchanger? The system we have in the
extension is basically one half of the above unit - extract
only, and no 'air in' so relies on 'trickle ventilation
(fresh, not warmed air) It seems to work well and is very
quiet (I can only just hear it working if I listen carefully
in the bathroom) I'm planning in fitting another in the
'old' house.

The VMC units (Ventilation Mechanique Controlee ??) are
around 100euro in France. I looked at the heat exchange
version but ruled it way out ofmy budget immediately.

Regards
John

--
John Mulrooney

To die completely a person must not only forget, but be forgotten