Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Magnabend

After viewing the video, I would buy the craigslist Magnabend at that price,
without hesitation if it were located near me.

The new Chinese 30" shear/brake/slip-roll combination machine that a friend
bought (locally) over a year ago cost $400 plus tax retail. OK, it does
other functions, but it's Chinese.

That 51" Magnabend handles a full sheet easily. The only part about it's
operation that I didn't particularly like, was the stooping to grab the
handles (seen in the video).
I think I'd need to come up with a different method, as that
stooping-to-lift looks tiring.. younger users wouldn't have too much
difficulty dealing with it, I suppose.

--
WB

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message

Aye, I did notice that when he put the workpiece on the unit it "stuck"
enough to hold it there for positioning, but less than when he actually
turned it on. Thanks, it makes sense now.

Jon (who likes his fingers in three dimensions thankyouverymuch)

BTW: here is the URL for the local one; dunno how much they go for new:
http://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/2157422533.html