Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default floor molding in garage?

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:26:53 -0500, Tony Miklos
wrote:

Finishing up phase 1 of finishing the garage (the tape and spackel came
out very nice) and thinking about floor molding to keep things easier to
clean, and stop those tiny little parts from falling and hiding under
the wall. I think it would be nice, but would it defeat the purpose of
the pressure treated floor plate on the concrete floor?

I happen to have plenty of 1 x 4 that is warped a bit but still ok to
use for molding so cost isn't much.

Then there is stuff made just for garage floors, fake diamond plate and
other stuff but that runs from $2 to $4/linear foot. And I think that
stuff is all plastic and sticks onto the wall.

Ideas?

Think water damage if there is a chance of leaks damaging the trim. I
can easily put trim in my garage, because it would be about four
inches above the garage floor. I've put trim in garages, but not when
the wall directly meets the garage floor.